[crossfire] Character names, was Re: Changing connection texts

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Jan 15 12:29:20 CST 2010

>   I wonder if you could do that if #ifdef's :)

Why #ifdef's?
Just put the check in the code, at least it won't be forgotten!

>   Yeah, no account support isn't hard, because that basically just uses the
> code that is there instead of the new code.  So very simple, it is just
> having some legacy code sit around.

Yup.

>   Fair enough.  I was thinking of going through and cleaning up a bunch of
> the protocol stuff - there are like 20 different setup options.  Some are
> actual choices (mapsize, do you want lighting, etc).  But a fair a number
> are related to protocol versions (I support these protocol commands - use
> them if possible)

Seems ok. And while we're at it, let's ensure documentation is uptodate! :)

>   That may not be a bad idea.  It's been a _long_ time since any official
> release.  I don't think 2.0 is ready right now for a release, but the
> amount of cleanup/fixes probably isn't huge.

Then let's do 2.0rc1, and see what needs cleaning. Concentrating on serious
issues first, and just declare "2.0 is the first in a branch of major
changes, expect some issues to be around" :)

Related, maybe the various trackers (bug, patch, feature request) could be
pruned / cleaned. Much stuff is really obsolete, I think.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Mon p'tit coin du web]