[crossfire] use_skill change proposal

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Jan 27 00:28:44 CST 2010

Nicolas Weeger wrote:
>>   Note one issue there - if I use sense curse and find cursed items, I
>> typically don't want to then identify them, as you can sell cursed (but not
>> identified) items for some nominal amount of money.
>>
>>   So my standard procedure was always:
>>   detect cursed and magic items
>>   sell anything that is cursed or non magical
>>   then identify the rest, and sell most of those.
>
> Then I see two options:
> 1) don't include "detect cursed / magic" in the "analyze" function
> 2) stop the analyze if the item is magic/cursed, saying to analyze again for
> more information.
>

> I would say option 2), with a player setting to go on anyway :)

  That second one works, but how does the server count it as the second analyze?
  I think simplest would be some option to analyze that says analyze cursed items.

  I ask this because I could imagine use cases where a person is out
adventuring, gathering items, and periodically does the analyze, and they are
like me and don't want to analyze cursed items.