[crossfire] Stats and level advancement proposal

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed May 26 00:11:52 CDT 2010

On 05/23/10 10:03 AM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I made a small idea dump for level progression, at
> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev:levels

  It would be useful to add to the page what the different columns mean.

  For example, you have armor going from 30 -> 1500.  However, under the current
gaming system, max value for armor is 100, so that computing method is something
completely new (I'm guessing that it may be cavehippos page, but there is no
link there, and since that is still a concept, it is perhaps hard to
judge/understand how that really affects thing.  Does the fact that a level 50
person does 300 damage, and a level 40 person has 200 armor (delta 100) and the
level 40 person has 350 hp means that 3.5 hits will kill a level 40 person?

  I'd also note that the values for hp/sp/grace are likely to vary a lot based
on class and profession.  Are those values targets for the character where that
state is key to their profession (hp for fighters, sp for wizards, grace for
priests) or something different?  I would imagine if someone is playing a
priest, they may not care much about sp, but a lot about grace and would focus
on increasing stats which increase their grace, and may not care much about HP.

  It is probably also worth documenting what starting values (level 1) are as a
basis point.

  At a quick glance, the hp increases in a fairly bumpy fashion - from level 40
to 50, you get 50 hp.  From 50 to 600, 200 hp.  From 60 to 70, 100 hp.

  I'm guessing that some of those values are based on expected stat increases in
that level range - but if so, worth documenting that is the basis, and that is
the expected progressing in stat increases (1 every 10 levels?)