[crossfire] Stats and level advancement proposal

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed May 26 01:38:48 CDT 2010

>   It would be useful to add to the page what the different columns mean.
>
>   For example, you have armor going from 30 -> 1500.  However, under the
> current gaming system, max value for armor is 100, so that computing
> method is something completely new (I'm guessing that it may be cavehippos
> page, but there is no link there, and since that is still a concept, it is
> perhaps hard to judge/understand how that really affects thing.  Does the
> fact that a level 50 person does 300 damage, and a level 40 person has 200
> armor (delta 100) and the level 40 person has 350 hp means that 3.5 hits
> will kill a level 40 person?
>
>   I'd also note that the values for hp/sp/grace are likely to vary a lot
> based on class and profession.  Are those values targets for the character
> where that state is key to their profession (hp for fighters, sp for
> wizards, grace for priests) or something different?  I would imagine if
> someone is playing a priest, they may not care much about sp, but a lot
> about grace and would focus on increasing stats which increase their
> grace, and may not care much about HP.
>
>   It is probably also worth documenting what starting values (level 1) are
> as a basis point.
>
>   At a quick glance, the hp increases in a fairly bumpy fashion - from
> level 40 to 50, you get 50 hp.  From 50 to 600, 200 hp.  From 60 to 70,
> 100 hp.
>
>   I'm guessing that some of those values are based on expected stat
> increases in that level range - but if so, worth documenting that is the
> basis, and that is the expected progressing in stat increases (1 every 10
> levels?)

The page was created because right now there is absolutely no way (apart
playing all levels) of knowing such information, at least none I know :)
Seriously, do you know what AC or WC a level 15 character usually has? Or how
much eg fire resist at level 20?

This page is a first draft for a middle player, whether fighter or mage or
whatever, page that should be completed for the various classes and races :)
So it is expected to be modified by people who have ideas, to improve it ^_-

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org