[crossfire] Stats and level advancement proposal

igniz revolver igniz.revolver at googlemail.com
Wed May 26 05:58:17 CDT 2010

It might be possible to examine the characters on the server, seeing what
stats they have.

It might be best if rather than rolling and then assigning stats, stats
could be calculated exclusively by race and class.

So if everyone has a basic 14 stat in everything, then race and class + and
- to those stats and that's your stats for your character.

You can then know the average of players.

This would also require the refinement of races so their benefits are more
in-line with others.

One of the main issues I see is that you have races with large +'s and -'s
and odd restrictions or benefits that can make or break a character. I'd
suggest minimalising the deviance from the base deviation of 0 for
statistical benefits from race.

E.G. make the Fireborn mage focused but less obviously so.

Then decrease the degree of stats needed to run a successful character

Then refine the degree of +stats you can give to a character.

So rather than have everyone with a 30 in everything, you have everyone with
a more uniform increase in stats relative to their starting values.

Imagine if you gained +1 to all stats every 10 levels, but gained a further
+1 to a key stat dependant on class.

So a Halfling Thief would get a +1 to all stats at 10, but with a further +1
to dex due to his class.

If he started at: Str 14, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 15, Wis 13, Pow 14, Cha 12 (or
whatever).

At 10th he'd be Str 15, Con 15, Dex 18, Int 16, Wis 14, Pow 14, Cha 12

By 100th, he might be ~35 in most of his stats but over 40 in dex.

Or perhaps a different formulae, like +1 dex every 20 or whatever.

Then you could have the classes changing titles whenever they gained a stat.

You'd then have a more uniform idea of what to expect from a player.