[crossfire] broken configure on opensolaris

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Oct 12 01:36:13 CDT 2010

On 10/11/10 11:15 PM, Mark Wedel wrote:

>    I'm going to try and download latest libtool and see if that works (I suspect
> it will).  But I guess at the same time, it would have saved me a bunch of time
> if autogen (or something) just spit out "you need>  2.0 of libtool" type of thing.

For the record, using version 2.4 of libtool fixed the problem (I don't know if
2.4 is needed, anything greater than 2.0, etc).  But I would still maintain that
it might be nice to put a minimum check in for libtool - while it looks like
libtool 2.2.2 (first release) is a couple years old, I could also see systems
that are not installed with a stable release and the maintainer just sticking
with that having older versions of such utilities (I see this more an issue for
servers which may be locked away in datacenters or other cohosting facilities
than say machines the client is running on)