[crossfire] [RFC 2/3] Misc keybinding fixes and changes

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 22:14:50 CDT 2013

On 11/02/2013 11:04, Arvid Brodin wrote:
> That's something of a tall order. :) It's a lot of work learning how
> _one_ client works; learning two clients and then trying do do only
> changes that benefit both (and doesn't break any) of them could be
> very limiting. (Is the Windows compatibility broken on the gtk client?)

Maintaining the Windows port of the GTKv2 client is difficult. Nicholas
tried to build a Windows version from trunk, with limited success.

> Are there any code dependencies between jxclient and the gtk client?

No, not that I am aware of.

> I noticed the gtk client code is split between the folders common/
> and gtk-v2/. I found references to something called the x11 client
> in the code, and I assumed that that was an old client that had since
> been removed. It was apparently called cfclient, later renamed
> crossfire-client-x11. If this has been removed, perhaps it would be a
> good idea to merge the common/ folder into the gtk-v2/ folder?

You've probably noticed that the sources in common/ are built into a
shared library. The intention was to share some code between the several
different versions of the client (X11, SDL, OpenGL, GTKv1, GTKv2). Now,
it seems a little unnecessary (unless someone decides to bring back
another client).

Thanks,
Kevin Zheng