[crossfire] Spellcasting skills definition

David Hurst davidnicholashurst at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 19:10:08 CDT 2017

I'm working on this as part of my work in improving balance. It may seem
odd to want to define skills to improve balance, however, I tend to hit
walls when I'm trying to balance someone else's work and there is no
indication about what vision they had in mind. I think once I can clarify
spell definitions and skill definitions, balancing will become more
obvious.

In terms of overall balance, I'm very receptive to suggestions if it looks
like a change may have caused an unintended ripple.

In the back of my mind, I have an idea that a player should be able to
clear most content using 2 different damaging skills (e.g. archery and
evocation, pyromancy and evocation, melee and archery).

Regards,
Saru