[crossfire] Plugins

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Apr 11 06:11:14 CDT 2021

Hello.

I'd like to move some plugins to the server "core" itself, possibly with
option to disable the relevant code at startup (and if required, disabling/
enabling by a DM, like plugins).

The rationale is that the plugin code adds some overhead, and having code
dynamically loaded isn't that important, I think.

I'm thinking of converting the city bells plugin, then the city life one.

One benefit is that it'll allow those code chunks ("modules", I guess) to hook
into the asset collecting process, and use split files for eg bell definitions,
instead of hardcoding things.

Maybe later the Python plugin too could be more integrated (with optional
compilation depending on Python detection).

Opinions?

Best regards

Nicolas