[crossfire] Custom items & monsters on maps

Nathaniel Kipps nkipps at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:48:14 CDT 2021

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 2:47 PM Kevin Zheng <kevinz5000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>easier to balance items/ monsters

An option is to allow a map developer to specify a modifier instead of
an absolute value. So, instead of saying the sword is dam 12, say it's
dam *1.5. (I proposed something similar to this elsewhere, a feature
request on formulae I think.)

> It'll also allow changing items the players possess
> (which is not currently possible with custom items).

A good point, but I think if we're very worried about players owning
legacy items, we need a more comprehensive way to "revoke" special
items or arches.

> artifacts can only have names in the form "item of artifact"

I'd like to see this limitation lifted anyway. :)

Overall, I think I agree with the general sentiment that the costs
outweigh the benefits, at least at this time.

--DraugTheWhopper