[crossfire] Playing Valkyrie fun :)

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Jan 11 18:54:39 CST 2021

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

> Hello.
>

> I've been playing a Valkyrie follower, so I wanted to share some points & fun
> things - everything is my personal opinion of course :p

I've got a regular character that's a follower of Valkyrie.

> Fun fact: even if all magic is forbidden, potions, wands/rods/scrolls are
> allowed. Of course it's critical for the game, but maybe the Valkyrie lore
> (which states that magic is filthy) should be slightly adjusted to reflect that.
> Maybe Valkyrie hates the follower channeling magic herself, but not magic
> which was "tamed"?

After several years of playing the character I ended up modifying Valkyrie
to allow her followers to use Turning spells only.

I also wanted to block her followers from using wands/rods but it
turns out the server doesn't currently support that.  There may have been
a plan to re-enable it.

Valkyrie's enemy list is so long that Turning spells should be a good
source of experience to offset the loss of wands/rods.

There was a thread in May.

http://mailman.metalforge.org/pipermail/crossfire/2020-May/013646.html

Rob