New World Map Questionaire, was Re: [CF-Devel] Suggestion.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sun Nov 18 09:56:20 CST 2001

On 18-Nov-01 David Delbecq wrote:

      --> d) some people have already started creating a whole coherent world. We

      should use it.

Just one thing I'd like to note to everyone here, and that is that the world
generated by the perlin function will be a standard format.  We will still have
to ship a base map with the game to allow people to fire it up without
fiddling.  There is no reason we couldn't ship a hand drawn map as that base
map.  The random map would be an option for those servers who want to try
something different.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net