[CF-Devel] smoothing code.

Mon Jul 7 21:35:05 CDT 2003

      On 06-Jul-03 tchize wrote:

      > Yet, the result may seems worse, but i did the picture of grass border

     in 10

      > minutes while last time is spend 2 hours on it, and i am a bad drawer.

     There

      > is need for someone to draw better than me.

      Actually.. I think it looks alot better.

Yes, and if the hills overlapped the grass it would be nicer even. (why on
earth did you use the blackstone for a demo?) Once you see a few layers here
it will look much better.  I have made a start on some of these tiles.

     Your lack of artistic ability is

      obvious..

Hehe, such tact... ;)

      That IMHO, is perfect.  The seacoast looks much better too.

      From this I can see that the results of your code are exactly what I was

     hoping

      for.. only the art needs to catch up now.

Yup, I agree.  Hopefully I can get some done quickly, over the next few days
(but no promises).  I am going to work on grass, sand, mountain and hills
for a starting point just in case anyone wanted to know - these should be
applicable for multiple ground types (the mountain should work for all
mountain, the hill for all hills...).  If anyone else is doing some of
these - let me know so I don't waste my time ok...

p.s  - the perhaps the layer order should be
water->roadtypes/stonetypes->sand/swamp->grass->hills->mountains->trees?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com