[CF-Devel] Gfx

Tue Jul 8 19:14:05 CDT 2003

tchize wrote:

     Le Mercredi 9 Juillet 2003 04:29, Todd Mitchell a écrit :

     The water is nice and the marble (I would consider using these and making

     the existing ones classic...), but I still like the existing cobblestones

     better.  The Flagstone is interesting, but I would rather add yours to the

     classic set than replace the existing one.   The wood floors are pretty

     busy, but would be nice for the classic set.

     As for grass - if you replace grass you have to replace many of the other

     tiles which use it as a base (trees, forest, hills...).

     Well Speaking of all tiles using grass as a base. Shouldn't we replace all of

     them with 2 tiles, one having a alpha layer? I want you to take into account

     this, speaking back of smoothing:

     If i have a tree ontop of grass, should it smooth as grass or as a tree?

     If it smooth as grass, mountains should overlap over it. This means we will

     get the feeling that the moutains grows on top of tree (quite unnatural,

     you'll agree).

You know, what we should do is not smooth the trees at all.  We should
fix the overlap issue with large images and make trees slightly taller
than 32 px tall - then you could actually walk *in* a forest.  This
would mean replacing the 'map type' forest look and moving to a more
*tree type* forest look, but I would be down working on that.  I think
that would be swell but of course everyone is going to now tell me what
a stupid idea it is...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com