[CF-Devel] smoothing code.

Wed Jul 9 01:56:20 CDT 2003

tchize wrote:

      I used this standard here

      for grass.base.111.png i named the pic sgrass.base.111.png

      i put the picture in arch/ground/smooth/grasslike

  I'd personally probably prefer it to be something like grass_sm.base.111.png
or the like, and have these smoothed graphics in the same location as the
graphics they smooth (and not all dumped into one directory that is only
indirectly associated with the graphics they smooth).

  I just think that is a little easier to deal with/maintain.  If necessary,
create new subdirectories, but since there is only one smooth graphic per image,
that probably isn't necessary.

  I just find it easier to know that if I do something like a 'mv grass*' that
I'm getting all the relevant data for an object, and not that some pieces may be
missing.

  it'd probably also be nice to be able to put the 'smooth' line in the arc or
face file vs using a file in the lib directory - same thing - locality of
information.  Just have the collect script pull out the smooth lines as it
processes the arc's (As it does for animatinos now).

  This isn't that big an issue, but I'd think it make things easier to maintain.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com