[CF-Devel] Gfx

Wed Jul 9 23:07:59 CDT 2003

        So for this to work, you'd also need graphics with trees that spill over

     side

      to side.  I don't think this could be done with simply one graphic - your

      talking multiple graphics, or at minimum some graphics to deal with the

     edge

      cases, so making an image that properly tiles like some of the ones right

     now

      probably makes just as much sense.

I am just speaking of not having smoothlevel values for trees, not of not
smoothing the tiles...
The trees are on grasslike tiles now, so I would just make a tree picture on
grass that was 44 px high and use grass smoothlevel values to get smoothing.
Hopefully the extra 12 px on top would overlap the smoothing as well...  But
the tops of the trees would overlap the mountains behind the trees (or the
water or the walls or the player or the coins...) even though the mountain
smoothing would overlap the grass.  Of course if you wanted trees in a swamp
you would make a new tile with a tree (a creepy tree) in a swamp and set the
smoothlevel to swamp.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com