[CF-Devel] smoothing screenshots

Wed Jul 16 06:21:56 CDT 2003

      http://abraxis.sytes.net/games/cfstuff/smooth/trans9.png

      > you may notice this is not a problem which appear from time to time but

      > it is regular. And the port in Scorn now look weird now (well i suppose

      > you intend to raise the roads level above the sea)

      > And i suggested it could be set as temporary. Cause reworking all maps to

      > track those problems may be a pain and will need time.

      I wonder if the default behaviour of arches without a smoothing level

      should be to float to the top instead of getting covered by objects with

      smoothing levels.  Say something has not smoothing level maybe it should

      get set to 255 by default.

This lead to a problem concerning the smoothlevel 0. Should things at
smoothlevel 0 being set to level 0 only to say they can be overlapped? Should
i use your idea but instaed of using level 255 use level 0? If it is we
report the problem to smoothlevel 1 which couldn't spread over smoothlevel 0
due to exception law and could over other smoothlevel since it's not higher
than them.

However idea to check, i'll try to see wht it give. This will mean loosing 1
smoothlevel, but only one is not important. This could solve the sea problem
too.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com