[CF-Devel] smoothing screenshots

Wed Jul 16 21:48:47 CDT 2003

      if the default behaviour of arches without a smoothing level

      should be to float to the top instead of getting covered by objects with

      smoothing levels.  Say something has not smoothing level maybe it should

      >get set to 255 by default.

     This lead to a problem concerning the smoothlevel 0. Should things at

     smoothlevel 0 being set to level 0 only to say they can be overlapped?

     Should

     i use your idea but instaed of using level 255 use level 0? If it is we

     report the problem to smoothlevel 1 which couldn't spread over smoothlevel

     0

     due to exception law and could over other smoothlevel since it's not higher

     than them.

0 or 255 doesn't matter to me, just if the default behaviour is that if
there is no smoothlevel value it is on top.

     However idea to check, i'll try to see wht it give. This will mean loosing

     1

     smoothlevel, but only one is not important. This could solve the sea

     problem

     too.

It would solve the problem with one off arches getting covered anyway,
perhaps someone makes a special kind of swamp or tree or road or something,
they wouldn't need to worry about smoothlevels.  Meanwhile all the commoinly
used arches still have proper order assigned.

BTW - I think things are starting to look very nice with the smoothing,
still a lot of tweeking yet to go, but I spent some time just looking around
and liked how it's turning out.  The marshes are particularily nice looking.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com