[CF-Devel] smoothing screenshots

Wed Jul 16 11:42:14 CDT 2003

Le Jeudi 17 Juillet 2003 04:48, Todd Mitchell a écrit :

      >> if the default behaviour of arches without a smoothing level

      >> should be to float to the top instead of getting covered by objects with

      >> smoothing levels.  Say something has not smoothing level maybe it should

      > >get set to 255 by default.

      >This lead to a problem concerning the smoothlevel 0. Should things at

      >smoothlevel 0 being set to level 0 only to say they can be overlapped?

      Should

      0

      >due to exception law and could over other smoothlevel since it's not

      > higher than them.

      0 or 255 doesn't matter to me, just if the default behaviour is that if

      there is no smoothlevel value it is on top.

      1

      >smoothlevel, but only one is not important. This could solve the sea

      problem

      >too.

      It would solve the problem with one off arches getting covered anyway,

      perhaps someone makes a special kind of swamp or tree or road or something,

      they wouldn't need to worry about smoothlevels.  Meanwhile all the

      commoinly used arches still have proper order assigned.

      BTW - I think things are starting to look very nice with the smoothing,

      still a lot of tweeking yet to go, but I spent some time just looking

      around and liked how it's turning out.  The marshes are particularily nice

      looking.

first tests looks bad. however, this is probably due to the fact most ground
items have, for now, the default smoothlevel of 0 since not yet done.
Second, this does not automagically remove the lakes problem.
Perhaps editing the lake arch to put it's smoothlevel back to 0 or editing all
buggy maps to set 'law of exception' on their lake by lowering their lake
objects to smoothlevel 0. However, the idea you present is interresting. This
will prevent future buggy behaviour with, for example, new trees and so on.
I don't commit the code immediatly since, until all floors objects have a
resonnable smoothlevel, using zero as on top without smotthing case brings
more problems than it solve. When enoug floor object have their smoothlevel,
i'll submit the change. For now, the only result is going back to the old
blocky picture almost eveyrwhere.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com