AW: [CF-Devel] Error in CFJavaEditor

Thu Jul 17 14:58:22 CDT 2003

Remember thats the server has to send this pictures too and he
has buffer ranges too. Not sure but it was something about 15-20k
when i remember right.

      > By the time I wrote the parser there were no images bigger

      > than square 32.

      > I think the problem lies in the following line

      > in ArchObjectStack.java:

      > stream.getBufferedStream().mark(10000);         // mark position

      > This limits the stream buffer to 10000 chars which is probably

      > not enough for your large images.

      > Increase the value to something like 100000 and see if it works then.

      > Will you put these large images in the game, or are

      > they for testing only?

      Even if the smoohting templates aren't directly incorporated (the editor

      wouldn't need to display them to mapmakers but it might use them to do

      smoothing...), I expect some of the larger pictures will eventually get

      reconsolodated into a single PNG.  The larger ones will be done

      first likely

      since they are hardest to maintain in sections.  They may not be quite

      512x64 but they will be large.  Actually that brings up a

      question - how big

      can things get?  How about a 512x64 giant worm?  This is especially

      interesting line of thought when you see some of the newer clients with

      really large map display areas.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com