[CF-Devel] Features suggestions

Fri Jul 25 07:46:05 CDT 2003

Hi.

I've been playing with alchemy lately, and thus writing down
(using 'inscription' skill) the stuff i find.
But the list is now too long & won't fit on a scroll, so i
must use 2.
Hence this feature suggestion: ability to rename an item.
This way I'll make 'formuleas in A', 'formuleas in B' and so
on. Having 10+ 'scroll' with different things isn't exactly
fun to handle ^_^

But since some parts of the CF code use the name (for instance
weapon enchantment by a god), i suggest only the following
items may be renamed:
* containers (so you can have a 'quiver of fire arrows' and a
'quiver of cold arrows'). This would potentially include
bookshelves too (maybe by picking'em up first, to 'mark' the
item you wanna rename?), so you can sort your junk more
easily, and more precisely FIND it again easily :-)
* non-magical scrolls/books where you can write what you want

What do you think of that?
I may just attempt to code that if no one does it (though i'd
hafta kick myself first to actually find a way to compile &
test the server, either under w32 or using some emulators to
run linux...).

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com