[CF-Devel] more proposals

Sun Jun 15 23:20:23 CDT 2003

Todd wrote:

      1. Change all the wasteland tiles on the Bigworld (check out Mids server

      for a bigworld map preview) to unpassable mountains and unpassable snowy

      mountains (based on elevation of course). I think this will look nicer

      and will in the furute make it more interesting to mountain climb...

  This seems fine.

      2. Extend the Great Highway from Santo Dominion to Darcap to close the

      circle.

If I recall correctly, you can currently take the long route or the cross
country route.  I don't really have a strong opinion on this, but having some
things off the beaten path would perhaps be nice.

Perhaps instead of a great highway, use the path type archetypes, and perhaps
have the path not be continous (fades from view, no path through a mountain, etc).

      3. Increase the price of guilds on the bigworld maps to 500 000 diamonds

      (less/more? I initially thought 1 million...) and move the Guildhouses

      Inc shop to Navar. Add a seperate key system and special rooms for the 3

      guild founders as opposed to the general guild members and really

      increase the sizes of the guild houses to account for more members. I

      really want to do a bunch of stuff with guilds like have a Guild Contest

      where guilds can dump precious items (or work monster kills by guilld

      into the logger?) to have their banners highest on a wall in the Hall of

      Guilds or somehting...but this is a start.

  If I recall correctly, there are guilds in basically each of the cities.  IMO,
the purchase place for the key should be in that same city - in other words, a
guildhouse inc in each city that has guilds, selling the keys only for that guild.

  The pricing for guilds is odd.  What needs to be figured out what the goal of
the guilds is.  Simply put, there is a limited number of guilds in the world.
Making prices high basically just means it is left to those group of players who
can amass large sums of money the fastest.

  I don't really have an answer for that problem.  I'm just making some
observations.

  Maybe an idea would be to have some different level guilds - add a level
checker object.  So maybe after level 25, your not allowed in guild XYZ, so you
need to move on to a new guild.

  I haven't played much with guilds (being I typically run on my test server to
find bugs and whatnot), so not sure of all the uses/advantages of them.

      4. Add a bank (modifying Joris' Code with outlets in Navar and Scorn) -

      I would like to charge a percent fee (perhaps a variable fee?) for

      banking and add two new coins called a Royal worth 20 platinum (actually

      100 gold) and an Imperial worth 250 plat (1000 gold) and only available

      from the banks as well).

  Certainly doable.  I'm not positive how much it would get used, but that
shouldn't stop you from doing it.  I just make that comment in that you can
convert to gems for a 5% (overall) fee.

  However, if you do add new coins, either the material or weight would need to
be appropriate.  It would be perfectly reasonable to have platinum bars with
some amount of money, but if a platinum bar is worth 25 platinum, it should
probably weigh 25 times as much, so may not be as useful

  You could certainly add things like 'mithril pieces', or we could convert gems
to be more money (eg, that royal is made from platinum & diamond for example).

  I personally don't see a problem with any of the above.  Note that I'd have to
double check the code - I think if you sell something, you would still only get
silver, gold, platinum.

  Note also that if denomations were really an issue, the entire money spectrum
could be shift, eg, add 'copper' at the bottom end, and thus silver, gold, and
platinum get shifted up in value.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com