[CF-Devel] proposed treasure lists

Tue Jun 17 00:21:47 CDT 2003

I have to appologize for woolgathering on this without really being
concrete - I was mulling - the specific thing I was going to do was to
make some treasure lists for some of the cities such as the jail list so
that when an NPC gets killed there would be different consequences - in
Scorn you have the City guards, in Santo Dominion maybe the town milita,
in Navar - wizards... very basic and simple to do. It would make it
easier to assign them is all. If you are putting a NPC in Navar you just
drop in the treasurelist (is it possible to assign more than one
treasure list? - that would make them more modular...)

But (you knew there would be one) what I have been thinking of and what
leaked out in my initial e-mail was to have an object to put in player
and creature inventory representing the town they belong to (or the
guild perhaps...). This is something that could be checked against to
get like 'a home town advantage' and a "stranger factor' when talking to
NPC's, when entering certain buildings, when purchasing goods.

Or maybe what I am thinking of is simpler than this - a location field
that could be used to compare two objects (player and map, player and
npc, link a book or a monster to general local lore tables...)
Or maybe I was thinking that if there were a more Goddish object (but
different of course) for the guilds and towns and if people could belong
to them like they do the Gods that all sorts of fun things could come
up. If the guards and shops of a town have an Navar property and Navar
and Port Joseph are at odds (DM command?) then players who are citizens
of Port Joseph will not be well recieved by guards in Navar or welcom in
the civic buildsing or the shops.

I dont know what I was thinking specifically actually...I should settle
down and get back to work.

Anyway - right now I am working on a randomizer object which is super
easy object (have to start somewhere) - so I will just be making city
treasure lists for the moment and save large coding projects like the
town and guild objects for later on. Just woolgathering. I am pleased to
hear the spells as arches is going well and that you can put treasure
lists in seperate files with the arches now (yes?)...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com