[CF-Devel] Old Age

Tue Jun 17 23:59:36 CDT 2003

Here is a thought I just had to share.

How about age in Crossfire.  A value you get when you create the character and as game time progresses so do you age.  This would make some races more attractive (elves live longer..) and allow you to tweek racial modifiers in a whole new way (elves are really weak max str is 20 or have an xp modifier of 1.5 required to gain levels...).  Age can effect stats, heck even change the player image if we wanted to get silly about it (Hail o wizened one)

You can also put in goodies to extend lifespan and vitality (fountain of youth).  You would have to keep two ages, real age and functioning age.  If the second is less then the first you may have to keep getting potions or spells to maintain it...

It would mean if you don't play for a long time your character will grow weaker over long periods of time and eventually pass on...  Good for the server admins eh?  I don't think it would be too hard to do this either.  It's not something you have to check too often.

Anyway maybe it's stupid since I don't have a real appreciation for how much server time equates to real time but it seems like such a good idea...