[CF-Devel] Old Age

Tue Jun 17 18:56:27 CDT 2003

      We did this on my mud.  Basically elves were birthed at 200 years, humans

     at

      17.  They aged at the same rate.  Age affected the speed of your mana/hp

      recovery.  For humans, it ramped up quickly to about 35-45.. where you

     were at

      max recovery.  After that, it started getting worse, and at around 85 you

     would

      experience random heart attacks.  Elves on the other hand just slowly got

      better, but even at about 1200 years, it was never as good as the humans

     at age

      35.  We allowed you to buy age up or down with exp.  I think we also made

     the

      haste spell age you, like in AD&D.  Other monsters had wither attacks,

     which

      caused rapid aging, and you had to defeat them before you got too old.

      It's fairly trivial to implement.. and one of the reasons I implemented a

     time

      system.

thought you'd like that one...I hadn't thought of an wither attack though-
that's very good...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com