[CF-Devel] more proposals

Wed Jun 18 21:48:23 CDT 2003

      I have made some extensive modifications to the bank / post office Python

      scripts.  Remind me to send them to you on Saturday.

great, like to see them.

      While on the subject of changing Big World, I wrote a script to create a

      large forest out of the area south of the Dark Forest, basically filling

      that valley around the lakes.  It is part of a castle I placed in there

      somewhere (finding it is half the fun B-) ).  Designing this castle is

     what

      prompted my to fix those things I posted fixes for recently, 'cause I

      needed them to work.

Good, one drawback of the auto-generation used to build bigworld was that
there were no large forests or deserts (just mountain ranges and lakes).
This is something that should be fixed over time by mapmakers.  One thing,
did you backfill in the elevation?  There are a couple automated options to
do this now and I think that until we can figure out a better way to do
weather we should try to keep the elevation information as much as possible.

      Currently work on this is halted, as I installed SuSE 8.2 recently and now

      I can't compile Crossfire 1.5 (Suse comes with 1.3).  Anybody now how to

      fix this?  In particular, Crossfire always has problems locating Python,

      even on older versions of SuSE.

     It shouldn't, where does SuSE put the Python development stuff?  I know some
systems do not install the Python header file unles you install the dev
package...

There is a bug in the 1.5.0 crossfire configure script where the search  for
the Python.h is (the path it follows is  /usrlocal/ when it should be
/usr/local) but this is fixed in CVS.  WHere does SuSe put python.h - maybe
if it is different you can let us know and we can update the configure
script to detect it (well maybe not me unless it is a simple hack)...

do you have python development installed?  If it is really different
location or version of python there is also a --with prefix to point to your
Python.h  '--with-includes=I<path to your desired python include files>

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com