[CF-Devel] more proposals

Wed Jun 18 17:18:57 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:48:23PM -0400, Todd Mitchell wrote:
[snip]

      Good, one drawback of the auto-generation used to build bigworld was that

      there were no large forests or deserts (just mountain ranges and lakes).

      This is something that should be fixed over time by mapmakers.

I was thinking of turning one of the lake areas into a large swamp. Any
objections? :-) Also, suggestions of where to put it would be nice.

      One thing, did you backfill in the elevation?  There are a couple

      automated options to do this now and I think that until we can figure

      out a better way to do weather we should try to keep the elevation

      information as much as possible.

     [snip]

Ideally, this should be supported in the Java Editor. Is AV working on
this? :-)

Heuristics are bug-ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs, they'd be
algorithms.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com