[CF-Devel] Pupland bugs

Thu Jun 19 01:23:22 CDT 2003

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      You're right, thanks for the notice.

      This isn't hard to fix, however, I am certain that the NPCs didn't move

      around initially. A change in the server code must have caused this.

      Before, all monsters with "unagressive 1" or "friendly 1" didn't move.

      Now it seems monsters with "unagressive 1" are still standing, but

      those with "friendly 1" have started to hop around.

      I wonder if this affects more maps than just pupland.

      Maybe it would be good to restore the old behaviour where friendly

      guys don't move?

      If not them I'm gonna glue the NPCs to their position with

      stand_still flags.

  Looking through the CVS logs, this probably changed near the start of the year
when I fixed up a lot of map tiling issues.

  As part of that, I cleaned up a lot of 'questionable' code.  As part of that,
it wouldn't surprise me if I cleaned that up.

  I imagine my thinking was probably that since there is already a flag which
says don't move (stand_still), not a lot of sense for things to move around.

  But I'd probably need to look deeper into the code - I imagine friendly
creatures should generally not move because there isn't an enemy around (if the
maps do have enemies, then it makes perfect sense for them to move about).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com