[CF-Devel] Old Age

Thu Jun 19 12:38:47 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 10:28:25AM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
[snip]

      On the mud we used true age.. IE, included time spent sleeping away in

      the apartment.  For one, it made more sense.  "I was born 20 years ago

      but I'm 18 years old"  :)  Second..  you just wouldn't age fast enough

      to do anything interesting if you only aged playtime (as you noted)..

      and third.. tracking playtime would be slightly annoying to do.  Not

      that it couldn't be done.. but you would probably have to tick a counter

      on all players, or track login/logout time.

      If you create a character.. and let it rot away in the apartment for all

      time..  well.. then you missed out on the best years of it's life.

     [snip]

Well, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Real life can interfere, and
sometimes you just don't have the time to play CF. It can be very annoying
that your character just turned 80 when you've hardly played him at all.

Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals could believe them. --
George Orwell

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com