[CF-Devel] Large forest. Was: more proposals

Thu Jun 19 18:44:41 CDT 2003

 --- David Seikel <

     won_fang at yahoo.com.au

     > wrote:

      ...the pictures will be forthcoming on Saturday, maybe tomorrow if I can

      arrange it.

I had a look and I didn't see any pohibition against posting large images,
so here is one.  If I have committed a serious breach of netiquette, please
forgive me, I have not been on this list for long.

This image shows the big world with my large forest in it.  I have added
grid lines so that you can see the tile boundaries.  The script I use
converts certain maps to forest wholesale, so I had to choose the maps
carefully.  Although I ended up with a bigger forest than was needed, there
are very few straight edges, and thus it looks natural.

The two deep lakes in the north east of the forest are where I put my
castle, so don't go and turn them into big swamps B-).  Swamps are shallow
things anyway, so either of the other two groups of lakes in the forest are
more likely candidates.  There are other groups of lakes not in the forest
that may be better choices if we want to spread our interesting terrain
around the map.

Using the weather modifications I posted earlier, the lakes north of Navar
get a lot of rain, it could be quite swampy there...

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile