[CF-Devel] gtk splash screen

Tue Jun 24 11:53:52 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:43:47AM -0400, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > Oh, and I would point out that the Crossfire logo used in the splash

      > screen uses the old dragon image.  (Personally I like the old dragon

      > image better.

      > I also liked the old cyclops image.  Perhaps those images could be

      > brought back for new monsters?)

      The cyclops image (and the dragon likely) is still there, it is in the

      classic image set where flat perspective images belong (as opposed to this

      difficult to capture offset perspective image business in the base set).

      The classic images arent just crummy old images you know - they are

      different style of images - some of them are very nice.

     [snip]

I second that!!! :-)

I find the base images rather ugly, because a lot of details of monsters
are obscured by the perspective. I <em>really</em> like some of the new
"classic" images like the big wizard, the Dread Knights, and the
<shameless self-plug> Dread </shameless self-plug>. Let's face it, the
base image Dread looks like a cartoon puffball with an eye. It just does
not live up to the Dread's reputation of being a very dangerous giant
beholder, much less its *name*. My Dread image at least looks scary, as it
should be! ;-)

Why is the sea always restless? Its bed is too rocky to sleep on.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com