[CF-Devel] Follower of Lythander - to good weapon

Wed Jun 25 15:50:33 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 10:28:06PM +0200, Magnus Kronhamn wrote:

      Try a fighter with 30str/con and youll see someone who puts your char to

      shame =)

      Shouldnt be to hard to get like dam200 and weaponspeed 9.50 or thereabouts

      and there are several encounters in the game which are no where near

      trivialized by that.

Try killing the Evil Masters, or Eureca commanded by Gothwolte. I have a
lvl 100 fighter on metalforge, and I still can't kill Eureca without
quaffing 25 healing potions and dying once.

[snip]

      The new spell stacking code i think creates a huge difference between

      the different classes, err races, classes dont really matter much.

      Although they did kinda ruin the wizard class for me personaly =(

Oh, you mean like stacked holy possession, stacked armour, etc.? Yeah,
ancient pupland is a LOT harder without stacked holy poss. I find it
pretty much impossible to kill the Evil Masters without using cheesy
tactics like holy orbs in directors. With the current armor enchantment
limits, I can only get up to -35 ac, and these beasts have wc -100.

      And i can asume that you meant 'of Devourers' and not lythander right?

      I do agree that the death attack is really overpowered in most places,

      but then again it does nothing at all if your not high enough lvl.

      And it not working on weapons with slaying is kinda lousy if you ask me...

I think something screwy is happening with the death attacktype. I have a
weapon which has a death attacktype, and it works fine; but as soon as it
gets a slaying field from the altar, it's unable to deathstrike anything
except monsters of that race. So now I've to be very careful not to wield
it while praying on the altar.

      Praying to regain mana? Again i will make an asumption that you mean grace

      since thats what praying is for.

Monks have the meditation skill, which can regenerate mana the same way
praying regenerates grace.

[snip]

      Mana regen on the other hand isnt bad at all with the proper stuff, I'd

      suggest you get your little wizard over to the tower of magi and get

      yourself the midnight robe and staff of magi and those. they rock!

Yep. Wizards used to suck BIG time, back when max mana regen is 1sp/tick.
Nowadays I can easily get 5-8sp/tick with wizard hat, midnight robe, staff
of magi, and rings of elrond and mithrandir, etc..

      And as for armor. I thought the item_power thingy had taken care of that

      rather decently? Atleast i found that several highend items no longer

      could be enchanter like before, hardly at all even.

     [snip]

While the item_power thingy is good for preventing over-powered low-level
characters, it really sucks for high-level characters. Ancient pupland is
just about *impossible* with these restrictions, unless the monsters are
toned down a bit.

Also, it kinda sucks if a low-level character managed to think of a clever
way to get a high-level item, only to find that he cannot use it because
the item_power is set too high. But I guess it can be argued both ways,
and I'll have to actually play on a server that enforces item_power to
judge how well it's working.

Windows 95 was a joke, and Windows 98 was the punchline.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com