[crossfire] [Crossfire] [Idea] Spells inmediate effects

Alberto Sáez Lodeiros cerzeo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:51:50 CST 2006

I was playing CF and killing dreads while I realize that most common spells
have no secondary effect. I think that a more realistic effect of cold
spells can be, appart of damage, of course, to "slow" the player by the
chill effect.

More other spells can have other secondary effects, like "create bomb": if a
player is hit by the explosion, he will move arround, like "fear" spell.
Other example: If a fire dragon hits you with fire, he can burn a random
cloth, scroll/book or woodmade items (arrows, bow, etc...). Not burn all
items, just a random one. Maybe this is a very hard effect, but is only an
example.

This effects will made killing ranged magical monsters a bit harder, and the
player will need a better strategy before stay in from of him, casting
burning hands all the time.